Planted Tank upgrade and questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes I did! Are you from the area?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

They're dwarf neons (praecox) rainbows. And yes they are very active and love photobombing!
I think I'll change my profile pic to one now that you mention it :)

I was looking at those for a school, big money even at petco?!?! They're very attractive fish!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Petco has them way overpriced and they don't even look healthy. I think I saw $10 each at my petco, but I got these 5 for $20 or 4.99 each at a LFS.

Yea he's great! They have wonderful stock. Even though I live 25 mins east my whole tank is stocked from there.
I just got a job at Picasso Exotic Aquatics in Leawood if you ever want to come check it out and meet me in person!:)

That ah girl!!! I'm trying it tooo!! We can offer each other moral support if/when it fails:/

Haha hopefully it doesn't come to that! How long has yours been going?

5 days in my 5.5 betta build and soon to be in my 20 tall, both high tech, med light

Any visible growth so far?
Sounds about like my tank. PPS pro, pressurized co2, sand w/ mebbid tabs, and med light.

It hasn't died. Hasn't wilted, holding fast so far.. mebbid tabs, the 5.5 may be a Lil higher light than I think.. it's a current sat+ strip custom fit. The other build will be with a finnex planted plus. It's the petsmart gel packs..

Attachments

• 1408245465603.jpg
    1408245465603.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 55
I have the opposite problem- lots of empty space I want it to fill up! :)

I forget, how is this tank lit?

Edit: Nevermind. In my opinion adding another light could be beneficial. You're looking at 40ish PAR, adding a current sat+ would bump you up to maybe 50-60 and add the RGB ability as well as providing a better color spectrum for viewing (supposedly the ray 2 is a bit washed out but has good power).

I don't know could be helpful and since you have pressurized co2 going for upper medium light wouldn't give you too much algae.

I was actually considering a planted plus, not a Sat +, but now I'm actually thinking I want a Dutch BML XB. But that's going to have to wait so I can save for it haha. But I think it'll be worth it :)
I graduated from college in May and just got a job so I can finally start earning $$$

I was actually considering a planted plus, not a Sat +, but now I'm actually thinking I want a Dutch BML XB. But that's going to have to wait so I can save for it haha. But I think it'll be worth it :)
I graduated from college in May and just got a job so I can finally start earning $$$

I'd wait it out for a bit khuli.. finnex has some very promising lighting on the horizon.. they've implemented rgb's similar to sat+ and the new elite looks to be on par with the exotic and maybe even bml??
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=697666

Wow! A BML would be really cool.

But Brooksters right, you should wait I guess.

I'd wait it out for a bit khuli.. finnex has some very promising lighting on the horizon.. they've implemented rgb's similar to sat+ and the new elite looks to be on par with the exotic and maybe even bml??
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=697666

Wow! Finnex is finally stepping up the PAR game huh?

I'm glad they will have the RGB/ramp timer thing. I just want to make sure its not necessary and that hopefully some manual control of it is available.

Yea he's great! They have wonderful stock. Even though I live 25 mins east my whole tank is stocked from there.
I just got a job at Picasso Exotic Aquatics in Leawood if you ever want to come check it out and meet me in person!:)

I have spent many of hours pacing up and down "The Tunnel" there! I think that Arrowana is gonna try and eat me someday, he scares me... The rest of the staff there is great too. Not as knowledgable as Evan, but super friendly! It is definitely worth the trip to go there, and get sound/honest advice and fish from well maintained tanks.
Picasso huh! Congrats on the employment, I've literally drooled at some of the show tanks there, then get slapped back into reality when I glance at the price tag(on the pre-made tanks)... I will have to stop in one day!

Back
Top Bottom