Planted tank with no CO2.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bobby08dtp

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Is there a natural way to add co2 to my planted tank? It's a 55g fully stocked with fish there are two types of plants in my tank that seem to be falling apart. And when that happens my fish start picking at them. I would of thought that the fish would add the co2 when they intake the oxygen. My ph is also really high at an 8 or maybe higher. The water is also very hard. I'm about to try and put peat moss in some stockings after soaking it and then I'm going to place it in my filter. Is this a good idea? Is there anything I should be worried about using peat moss this way? I'm also doing this because my rams are paired off and would like to have a successful breeding from them and keep them happy.

The primary ways of adding co2 is flourish excel (glut) and pressurized co2 systems

Sent from my SGH-T599N using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Do you know what pants are in your tank

Sent from my SGH-T599N using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Anacharis Egeria densa is about the only one I'm having problems with and that's the exact one I read that excel melts lol. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom