Planted tank with no CO2 & special lights...possible?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nicuz

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 10g and I'd like to add some plants without investing in lighting or co2 system. Are there any plant species I can keep under these conditions?

Absolutely! With standard aquarium lighting you can easily keep cryptocorynes, java fern, java moss, anubias, and bolbitis.

Your Tank

I have a 10g and I'd like to add some plants without investing in lighting or co2 system. Are there any plant species I can keep under these conditions?

Hello nic...

Stick to the dark green aquatic plants. They'll require lower light and no special fertilizers, other than what the fish produce. I like Anubias, both nana and nangi. Java fern, Hornwort, Anacharis and Cryptocoryne. There are some others: Aponogetons (bulbs), Vallisneria and Sagittairia.

The water chemistry in small tanks can change quickly. Plants will do best in tank water that's changed frequently so they benefit from steady mineral levels, so don't slack off on the water changes.

B

Back
Top Bottom