Planting dwarf hairgrass

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stevenht

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I ordered some dwarf hairgrass online and it came in nice and lush and green. It came in a plastic pot and with wool or something to absorb moisture.

My question is how should I break it down and plant it? Right now I have it broken down into a 4x4 grid but I was hoping for more widespread growth. Should I cut each little plot in half again for more growth or will it take a little long to spread this way?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

In general, smaller groups spread out should provide an even spread over time. You could compromise and cut some of them in half and plant those. That way you can compare the plant growth of those versus the "control" group.
I've never tried DHG; may have to put that on the plant bucket list.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I heard it's one of the fastest growing carpet plants. This is my first carpet plant so I'll see how it goes!

I have them broken down in to clumps and it's about a 6 inch by 6 inch grid. I'm thinking about spreading them out more or maybe getting more to cover the entire aquarium? It's a 20 high

I did what you said and it covers almost all the foreground plus I moved in some cryptos and they have runners everywhere from my other tank. I'll post pictures

Back
Top Bottom