Planting question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rich311k

Aquarium Advice Addict
I want to rearrange my tank. How close together can I plant two large amazon swords? Is it ok if there leaves intermingle? i want to increase the high light area in my tank. The swords are great but they shade everything.

I've seen your incredible sword tank Rich, very impressive plants :D I'm sure you can tell how massive their root systems are. Since they're both Amazons I would think that they will do OK with roots next to each other but I wouldn't put them so close together that their leaves shade each other. They do like about medium light. Pics :wink:

Well I moved them. We will see what happens. Let me know what you think.

Attachments

• moved2.jpg
    moved2.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 53
  • moved3.jpg
    moved3.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 48
Those swords are pristine Rich :) Because they look so good now it should be easy to see if they start to have problems. Just keep a close eye on the leaves for anything unusual and examine any new growth for signs of stunting/poor nutrition.

The shady cave like area you created with your plants is really cool. It looks like your fish love that idea. :) I really like the L. repens by the swords too.

I'll bet you one sword could easily take over the entire substrate of that tank, but it looks great. Nice job!

I have no problem believing that. I couldn't believe the size of the roots balls when I uprooted them. Once I get my new tank I am going to move one of them.

Back
Top Bottom