Planting substrate and forts advice...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JAX3000

Aquarium Advice Regular
Planting substrate and ferts advice...

Hi, the time is fast approaching when I will set up my new tank and I need some advice please...

I was advised by my lfs to use JBL AquabasisPlus under sand for my (quite) heavily planted tank.

I have 15litres of the Aquabasis and 37.5 kg of Unipac Limpopo black sand. The tank is 90 USG, (4 X 2 X 2). So 4 X 2 footprint.

Do I have enough or too much of either Aquabasis or sand for this size tank...?

Should I even use it? It's not to late to take it back...

I plan to buy a selection of plants which are mainly low to medium light and difficulty, but I want them to thrive.

Will I need aditionnal ferts? This stuff puts out iron, minerals and trace elements. My tap water is 7.5ph and 13gdh with about 20ppm nitrates out the tap. I have powerful led lighting on a control unit, so as much or little light as I need.

I'm also thinking about co2 injection, but don't want to get out of my depth and think maybe I'll leave that a few months and see how I get along...

Any thoughts and advice will be hugely appreciated...

Sent from my SM-G850F using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Nutrient-rich substrates are always a plus. But mostly heavy-rootfeeders (swords, crypts) will benefit from it. Most stem plants (hygrophila etc) feed mainly through the watercolumn.

Sent per three-eyed raven..

Back
Top Bottom