planting wisteria

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phin

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I got a bunch of wisteria, about a dozen stems, and planted them in a row in the back of the tank, each stem about an inch apart. They are about an inch deep into flourite, but a couple pop out of the substrate each day and have to be replanted.

How long until they root themselves?

It depends on how fast they grow in general, but usually they start to put down roots within a week.

It takes a while and varies with each tank but if you remove the lower leaves on the stem part that is planted in the substrate it will root and stay in place much better.

I actually leave the lower leaves on. I find that the lower leaves give the stem a little more "grip" in the substrate and keeps it from going out.

And I have trouble getting them in and staying with the leaves on... wonder if it depends on the type of substrate or how we individually plant them.

There are no leaves on the first few inches. My wisteria has single broad leaves branching from the stem.

Just push them down deeper in the substrate if they won't stay down, thats what I do.

I keep doing it. Hopefully they will root soon. I think my jewel cichlid might have something to do with it. Probably going to take her back and put in an apistogramma.

I keep doing it. Hopefully they will root soon. I think my jewel cichlid might have something to do with it. Probably going to take her back and put in an apistogramma.

Or German blue rams wink wink:)! They're plant safe, colorful, and a pair would look great!

I don't think GBRs would last too long. Ive got a small school of tiger barbs, a zebra loach & a golden zebra loach. I've tried bolivian rams before and it didn't work out too well.

Roots are starting to sprout from teh lowest un-planted node on the stem. Should be rooted in place soon.

Back
Top Bottom