Plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishninja

Aquarium Advice FINatic
What is required to keep plants. Fertilizers?? Substrates?????

For lowlight plants all you really need is light lol! I dont add co2, fertilizers and just have gravel substrate.

Co2, lights, substrate and fertilizers. Maybe a $300 budget depending on tank size.

Co2, lights, substrate and fertilizers. Maybe a $300 budget depending on tank size.

Oh no. High light is definitely more expensive than $300. Just the lights can cost over $500. Plus a pressurized co2 system and everything would prob be at least $800-900.

What are some good lowlight plants

Java fern, java moss, anubias, anacharis, hornwort, cabomba, myrio green, melon sword, and lots of others. Check out some plant websites and see the low light plants section. Jetajockey has a great plant website. It's peabodys paradise. Great plant options and shipping is only $7.50 for up to $75 worth of plants.

Java fern, java moss, anubias, anacharis, hornwort, cabomba, myrio green, melon sword, and lots of others. Check out some plant websites and see the low light plants section. Jetajockey has a great plant website. It's peabodys paradise. Great plant options and shipping is only $7.50 for up to $75 worth of plants.

Hey I have a quick question I went on Jetajockey peabodys paradise and some of the plants there that are categorized low light are categorized high and or moderate on liveaquiria.com what do you think

Hello Fish...

The easiest plants, like varieties of Anubias, Java fern and most mosses will grow in subdued lighting. If you change the tank water every week or two and have a reasonable fish load, you don't need fertilizers and the plants can be left to grow. No other maintenance is needed.

B

Hello Fish...

The easiest plants, like varieties of Anubias, Java fern and most mosses will grow in subdued lighting. If you change the tank water every week or two and have a reasonable fish load, you don't need fertilizers and the plants can be left to grow. No other maintenance is needed.

B

Are dwarf baby tears low light

Hey I have a quick question I went on Jetajockey peabodys paradise and some of the plants there that are categorized low light are categorized high and or moderate on liveaquiria.com what do you think

Like which plants? Live aquaria's info is not always accurate. But no website is perfect....

Back
Top Bottom