Plants are getting alge what should i do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joeyv78

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Pants are growing this stringy alge should I cut back on hours of light it waslike 12 n 12 cut back on co2 any snails I could put in thereidk pls help

What kind of light do you have, what are your water parameters, what plants do you have, etc? We need to know a bit more before we can give any kind of useful advice.

But as in almost every algae case, increasing CO2 is usually your first step.

I dnt know the names off my plants their in the pics. Have a 55 gal with coralife t5 ho fixture with a flora max 5000k plant bulb with a ultra sun 6700k.have an aquaclear 110 filter and a tetra fs 20-40filter ammonia is low nitrites low nitrates 50ppm with a sicce co2 life 2.

Attachments

• image-3884930433.jpg
    image-3884930433.jpg
    254.9 KB · Views: 90
  • image-8924468.jpg
    image-8924468.jpg
    261.4 KB · Views: 85
Pants are growing this stringy alge should I cut back on hours of light it waslike 12 n 12 cut back on co2 any snails I could put in thereidk pls help

Could you please form sentences when you post? It's very confusing when you just do one long string of text.

Lol pants....sorry:p haha try cutting back on your lighting period.

Coursair said:
+ 1 cut back to 8 hours of light.
Water Changes are good.
Increase CO2

High light without CO2 grows Algae Farms !

I'm a low light/low tech person. So no expert on CO2

So increase co2? K I thought just the opposite I thought to decrease I'll try that thx

Back
Top Bottom