Plants breaking away from roots

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mebbid

Aquarium Advice Addict
So recently both my Cabomba and Water sprite have begun growing roots higher up on the stem and breaking away from the roots. Is this a normal thing? Or is it something I am doing incorrectly?

I dose regularly with Excel, micro macro fert blend, and phosphate. I am running dual t5ho lights and all of my plants are growing really fast.

That's usually a light issue. They sometimes do that when they don't get enough light because of how thick they're growing, especially if your light isn't great to begin with.

Well according to par charts my lighting level should be in the high range especially because my lights are only about a month old... Would trimming back the plants a bit help get more light down to the bottom or do I need to increase my amount of light.

What brand fixture do you have? People tend to read a lot more into PAR charts than they actually represent.

Trimming your plants will help more light get to lower levels.

What brand fixture do you have? People tend to read a lot more into PAR charts than they actually represent.

Trimming your plants will help more light get to lower levels.

Its an aquatic life 48" dual T5ho linkable freshwater light

Back
Top Bottom