Plants dieing off

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mrmaronick

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys I have a 30 gal. I started off with low tec plants and light. Loved it so I upgraded to med/high tec. Keep all the same plants and got some that needed the light and fert of med tec. I upped my fert and co2. For the new system and 4 months later all the low tec plants have pretty much disappeared. (Java moss. flame moss. Penny wort. American weed. Water sprite. And spiral fern) but the med tec plants are thriving and growing. I don't remember the names of the med tec plants. What happened ? Wouldnt the low tec just grow like crazy? Or is it to much that they just can't take it any help would be great.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Did you swap to high light (or was it just CO2 and ferts?). Just seeing what the changes were.

I've had plants that I've swapped between fish tanks and they've been unable to adjust to the sudden change.

High light and just upped co2 and fert for increased light. Went from 5 ml dose to 15 ml fert. Dry fert btw. And co2 2 ml to 8/9 ml.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Imo (since not sure) but I'd suspect the rapid change was too much for them. I've had plants under hydroponics / reef lights and nothing where I could say the plants are getting burnt or anything (had plenty of other issues though).

Back
Top Bottom