Plants for a 5 gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Goldfish loach boy

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a 5 gallon that is stocked with a betta, will have a couple of snails and shrimp
I currently have a bamboo(I will be getting another one because I really liked it)
And a java fern that will be tied up to a Df piece
I want to also add a Marimo moss ball and some anacharis, what nice looking plants do you guys recommend, low tech, something that looks like an Anubias nana, or carpeting plants, what's good?
Thanks!

Crypts. There are a ton of different varieties but I always like crypt parva in nano tanks and crypt wenditii for a little color. I also like the smaller leaf java fern ferns such as "narrow leaf" and "Philippine", as the normal variety gets too large for a 5g. Can't go wrong with anubias nana 'petite' and any sort of moss too (besides Java).

I have been really looking into that Anubias petite, but u just can't find it! I swear!
I will look into those crypts as well, thanks!

If you have a petsmart close to you they usually have them in the little tissue culture plants

Oh wow, hey now that I think about it, don't think so but the Anubias "nana" in my 55 gallon is about the size of my palm, hasn't gown in about 1 year, is it a petite by any chance?

Back
Top Bottom