plants growing on plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ZCNY

Aquarium Advice Activist
I don't remember what plant this is, it was one of my first and I got it at petsmart, as you can see no matter how many times I scrape of the roots of the other plant it keeps coming back I started planthing the offsprings in the sand already right next to it and the original plant is starting to not look so hot anymore

ForumRunner_20130728_075017.jpg

ForumRunner_20130728_075034.jpg

I don't remember what plant this is, it was one of my first and I got it at petsmart, as you can see no matter how many times I scrape of the roots of the other plant it keeps coming back I started planthing the offsprings in the sand already right next to it and the original plant is starting to not look so hot anymore
Java fern

That's java fern?? I thought the big one was both I bought at petsmart

ForumRunner_20130728_085436.jpg

You can trim the ugly baby growing leaf and it can float at the top too.

Yes better to tie the Java Fern to a rock or DW, so the brown rhizome (root like) part isn't covered up. They eventually will grow roots to attach themselves to the rock or DW. Very cool.

Looks like there's something blocking a good look at the base, but it looks like narrow leaf java fern to me. Does it have a rhizome?

That third one looks just like my jungle val the swods have a slight kinda patern on the leaf I think

Thank you guys I now moved the java fern onto driftwood and rock and trimmed off the sprouts

ForumRunner_20130730_193304.jpg

ForumRunner_20130730_193318.jpg

ForumRunner_20130730_193331.jpg

Thank you guys I now moved the java fern onto driftwood and rock and trimmed off the sprouts

A trick I learned at a local aquarium club meeting is to use superglue to attach ferns and mosses to wood and rocks. Just blot the surfaces dry, add a touch of glue and hold in position a minute or so till it sets. Wait a few more minutes to ensure the glue is completely dry, then pop back into the tank.

A trick I learned at a local aquarium club meeting is to use superglue to attach ferns and mosses to wood and rocks. Just blot the surfaces dry, add a touch of glue and hold in position a minute or so till it sets. Wait a few more minutes to ensure the glue is completely dry, then pop back into the tank.

Sounds good I used my daughters clear rubber bands for her hair ;)

Back
Top Bottom