Plants in Gravel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

e.mmareese

Aquarium Advice Regular
What plants can you plant in just gravel? I have a 10G that i'm thinking of planting, low or medium lights i'm thinking

I have Amazon swords , water wisteria, nana Anubis on gravel and they grew a new leaf every week except the nana Anubis that is a slow grower indeed. I don't have CO2 and I have low light conditions and they still grew.

I have Amazon swords , water wisteria, nana Anubis on gravel and they grew a new leaf every week except the nana Anubis that is a slow grower indeed. I don't have CO2 and I have low light conditions and they still grew.

I'll look into them, thanks

Would this lightning work for them? Or what do you recommend? IMG_5753.JPG

I used a Finnex fuge ray on a 10 gal that was in around the $35 range, I think there is a finnex stingray in in the $30 range, the fuge ray grew dwarf hair grass in a 10 which I see as kinda a proving ground for lights, if it will grow dhg it will grow most anything. As far as cheaper I don't have any recommendations, a decent led light will run in that range. With fluorescent or CFL lighting you could diy a setup cheaper.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I used a Finnex fuge ray on a 10 gal that was in around the $35 range, I think there is a finnex stingray in in the $30 range, the fuge ray grew dwarf hair grass in a 10 which I see as kinda a proving ground for lights, if it will grow dhg it will grow most anything. As far as cheaper I don't have any recommendations, a decent led light will run in that range. With fluorescent or CFL lighting you could diy a setup cheaper.

Okay that helps now that I have more of an idea, thanks

Would this lightning work for them? Or what do you recommend? View attachment 296719

I was looking at that lighting awhile back and the finnex planted 24/7 but I heard those stop working after 6 months so I backed off.

I am using that method for my lighting because I don't need good lighting but eventually I am upgrading to the finnex lighting 24/7

I was looking at that lighting awhile back and the finnex planted 24/7 but I heard those stop working after 6 months so I backed off.

I am using that method for my lighting because I don't need good lighting but eventually I am upgrading to the finnex lighting 24/7

Had my Finnex light for 2 years, would happily recommend one, nor a single led has burned out. Heard great things about the 24/7 but if you don't plan to use the moonlight or time fade features than a cheaper Finnex will suffice. The fuge ray has on off on switch for red/blue/white, off, or blue moonlights.

Had my Finnex light for 2 years, would happily recommend one, nor a single led has burned out. Heard great things about the 24/7 but if you don't plan to use the moonlight or time fade features than a cheaper Finnex will suffice. The fuge ray has on off on switch for red/blue/white, off, or blue moonlights.

I'll look more into the finnex stingRAY it seems good from the first few seconds I looked at it, thanks again

No problem, hope you find something that's works. Also just FYI, I used the 9 inch fugeray on a 10, it's not as wide as the tank but it was wide enough for me to grow whatever I wanted with the spread of the leds. Good luck!

I run a stingray. The 24/7 is a great light but during peak hours youll be high par at that depth. Co2 macro and micro will be needed for balance for sure

Do you have any recommendations? Just trying to see all my options

Can't go wrong with a satellite a finnex or a fluval. Any of the 3 will meet your needs for low to mid light plants.

Make sure your dosing excel aswell. With the extra light your nutrient uptake will be higher

Back
Top Bottom