Plants losing leaves

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

David_Reid2

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I was hoping someone could give me some advice on how to stop my plants from losing their leaves. I inject co2 into my tank, I fertilise twice a week and I have a 13W LED light which I leave on for 10 hours a day.

I have tried using 'flourish tabs' which haven't seemed to work either. I have tried selecting plants that are 'easy' to grow but they either lose their leaves or develop spots on them.

I have attached some pictures, I hope they are clear enough to see.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Dave

Attachments

• 20210317_135152.jpg
    20210317_135152.jpg
    253.5 KB · Views: 42
  • 20210317_135132.jpg
    20210317_135132.jpg
    255.4 KB · Views: 52
  • 20210317_135141.jpg
    20210317_135141.jpg
    250.5 KB · Views: 41
How long have they been in the tank? Looks like you have some nutrient deficiencies.

What fertilisers are you using?

Last edited:
Thank you for your reply. I have had the tank set up for a year now and I have tried numerous different plants. I use easy-life profito. It is a 200 litre tank and I have slowly increased the dosage over time. I dose 20ml twice a week.

Thank you for your reply. I have had the tank set up for a year now and I have tried numerous different plants. I use easy-life profito. It is a 200 litre tank and I have slowly increased the dosage over time. I dose 20ml twice a week.

If I remember correctly profito only contains micros nutrients and potassium. Maybe a little magnesium. You could so with adding some of the other macro nutrients, nitrogen and potassium. The root tabs do contain these but perhaps not in sufficient amounts.

You can get dry salts from aquarium plant food potassium nitrate, potassium phosphate and magnesium sulphate you can buy as epsom salts of amazon or something.

Great, I'll look into buying some macro nutrients. Would you recommend buying liquid magnesium and liquid potassium such as 'Florish?'

Great, I'll look into buying some macro nutrients. Would you recommend buying liquid magnesium and liquid potassium such as 'Florish?'

Well they’re not the most cost effective solution but it’s up to you. Depends if your prefer convenience over messing about with calculators and scales/weighing spoons.

Sounds like a nutrient issue. I have a chat somewhere that shows what nutrient deficiency causes what issue. I'll see if I can find it tomorrow.

I've always used the dry fertilizers from GLA (Green Leaf Aquarium) with wonderful success.

Back
Top Bottom