Plants not growing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xfactor6699

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok this is what I got
Riccia(floating on top by light)
Crypto spiralia
java moss
Java fern
Ambulia
Asst. Apono.
cabomba
Wisteria
Spelling might be off lol
My lighting is 2x32 watt 6500k each and 1x28 watt 10000k I'm also using flourish liquid fert once a week I've had them like a month and they dont seem to be growing any suggestions

Also my ambulia is browning and my asst. Apono. Leaves are turning red what's going on

What is your tank size, maybe too much light and not enough carbon...maybe but probably not, Riccia blocking out the sun...

probably not enough light. Those plants need quite a bit. How deep is the tank and what is its volume?

I think that's probably enough light, the problem is probably there isn't enough nutrients. What kind of substrate do you have??

The riccia is very small and on the side of the tank with the java moss so that way I wouldn't block the light for the plants that need more the tank is a 55 gallon its 13'' deep and I'm using gravel for my base

65 CFL +28 isn't enough light for a lot of those plants on 55 gallons....Methinks it's a combination of deficiency and not enough light. Especially for cambomba and ambulia.

The red leaves is a good thing in the aponogetons. But it does indicate lower nitrates than usual.

Back
Top Bottom