Plants not rooted yet??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fish_lover

Aquarium Advice Freak
Okay so I was wondering how long it take live plants to start to root ? I have two amazon swords and I've had them for a week , are they supposed to already be rooted or will it take awhile ? And how long will it take ( weeks , days , months ? )

I checked mine and after about a month it was good anchored on the gravel, but if you add root tabs, it can well take just 2 weeks

Root tabs are root tablets, available at your LFS, they are tablets that you add under the roots of heavy root feeders such as the amazon sword, and the plants get their nutrients from the tablet, necessary for amazon swords

Root tabs are root tablets, available at your LFS, they are tablets that you add under the roots of heavy root feeders such as the amazon sword, and the plants get their nutrients from the tablet, necessary for amazon swords

Oh okay , thanks for telling me

What's your tank setup? Light/CO2/ferts, etc? Roots will grow faster in a tank with more resources, so if you're running low lights, no carbon/ferts, etc, it can take longer.

What's your tank setup? Light/CO2/ferts, etc? Roots will grow faster in a tank with more resources, so if you're running low lights, no carbon/ferts, etc, it can take longer.

It's just a light and a heater

Back
Top Bottom