Plants to grow on bog wood

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Animal fanatic

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello there , I'm hopeless when it comes to keeping plants alive in my tank for a year now I have tried to keep live plants but haven't had any luck what am I doing wrong ? but the marimo ball seems to be staying alive and is growing quite well also is there any plants that I could grow on the bog wood many thanks :)

There are alot of plants that don't have to be planted, anubias, java fern can be tied to DW and you can get a fertilizer for the plants. It could be your lighting that's killing them. But these are low light plants, so you should be good.

boadams87 said:
There are alot of plants that don't have to be planted, anubias, java fern can be tied to DW and you can get a fertilizer for the plants. It could be your lighting that's killing them. But these are low light plants, so you should be good.

Thanks , I'll have to head up to my nearest store and see what they have :) can I ask , how long should I keep my lighting on for ?

I usually leave mine on for 12 hrs! Anything that has a rhizome can't be planted in the substrate. What kind of lights do u have? If you get fertilizer, see if they have seachem flourish comprehensive. It has every mineral that they need.

boadams87 said:
I usually leave mine on for 12 hrs! Anything that has a rhizome can't be planted in the substrate. What kind of lights do u have? If you get fertilizer, see if they have seachem flourish comprehensive. It has every mineral that they need.
I'll check what lighting I have later it's like a tube ;)

Those plants are low level so you should be good. Now if you get swords you're gonna need strong lights.

boadams87 said:

Ok my lighting is a juwel day lite 30 watt 895mm

Jacobsal91 said:
Java moss!! Great stuff looks great on driftwood and doesnt require extrordinary lighting

Thanks defiantly want to get some now :) I have a few marimo balls at the moment that look nice :)

Back
Top Bottom