Plants to put in my 5 gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rnbwfimmy

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 5 gallon tank with a 15 watt light and no co2. What kind of plants might thrive well in there? My poor betta is getting ripped fins. I know plenty about co2 systems and will probably put one in later this year after Im done with my 55 gallon build. For right now I just want some beginner plants and for my tank to look less like a fish rave. Do those co2 drops and tabs work well enough for such a small tank?

ived use flourish excel and didnt see very much difference in my plants, as for your light what kind of light is it? just a cfl?

For plants. How about dwarf sag, Pygmy chain sword corkscrew Val or java fern.

I put in an Anubias, a crypt, and a rotalia. And I'm supplementing flourish excel for now. Since its such a small tank Im sure it will help, if not I can always do DIY co2. If these plants do well I'm going to move them to my 55 gallon and try a hairgrass or dwarf tears carpet for a more iwagumi look. My betta fish seems overjoyed and the rotalia perked up overnight. Any suggestions on the layout or some more plants I should add?

Attachments

• image-3362045503.jpg
    image-3362045503.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 61
  • image-2232300279.jpg
    image-2232300279.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 59
Back
Top Bottom