Plants with no water flow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is dwarf hair grass one of those plants? That's the one I want for a fish bowl...

Dwarf grass is not a beginner plant and requires high light, fertilizer, and co2. I think you need to look at plants like duck weed and anarchis

Anarchis sounds like a good plant... Is there anything else that anyone might know of?

The bowl will be next to my window getting lots of sun light. I don't care about algae because it'll be a temporary home for my ghost shrimps for a week and I will be dosing CO2. That can't harm the shrimps like those iron ferts right? So it'll be in high light with CO2. That's the best I can do for the plants... And no I'm not a beginner hobbyist. I know what I'm doing. I just need a little more info...

I'm gonna get a new tank soon... It'll have a nutrient rich substrate sand capped so it won't bother the shrimp. I'll put it in that tank. I don't care about the grass carpeting just surviving, remove excess nutrients and predicted oxygen. Ghost shrimps use very little oxygen in an aquarium unlike other fish

I'm gonna get a new tank soon... It'll have a nutrient rich substrate sand capped so it won't bother the shrimp. I'll put it in that tank. I don't care about the grass carpeting just surviving, remove excess nutrients and predicted oxygen. Ghost shrimps use very little oxygen in an aquarium unlike other fish

Get duckweed then. Easy plant that sucks up a lot of nutrients

Most plants are fine without much current. You can have weak current with decent flow with a poppy-style lily pipe if you like to. As long as you don't try to make too demanding of a tank, it shouldn't post much of a problem.

I have dwarf sag going bananas in a bowl. That might be nice for your purpose.

Thanks @aqua_chem for telling me from your experience. It makes me feel more confident

I'm gonna get a new tank soon... It'll have a nutrient rich substrate sand capped so it won't bother the shrimp. I'll put it in that tank. I don't care about the grass carpeting just surviving, remove excess nutrients and "PREDICTED" oxygen. Ghost shrimps use very little oxygen in an aquarium unlike other fish

"PRODUCE" (correction)

Back
Top Bottom