Please help me Identify this plant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Short-N-Portly

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I bought some frogbit 6-7 months ago and noticed this plant in with them just recently, it was very small when I first seen it but is has been growing very fast. It doesn't float entirely like frogbit, lower parts of the stems are under the waterline and grows plantlets from the knooks of the leaves.

I'm not complaining because I kinda like it, if it becomes problem-some I'll just drop it in my 150gl Koi/Goldfish tank like I do with excess duckweed and those fat bastards will eat it. :rolleyes:

Anyhelp would be appreciated.
Thx,
S-N-P

Attachments

• 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 51
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 43
Is this maybe some kind of oak leaf water sprite? Plants can grow different shaped leaves when they're floating instead of planted, I'm no expert though haha could be something completely different.

Is this maybe some kind of oak leaf water sprite? Plants can grow different shaped leaves when they're floating instead of planted, I'm no expert though haha could be something completely different.

I haven't heard of oak leaf water sprite, but I certainly also thought it looked very oak-like!

Ceratopteris is the genus of water sprite. If you google it there's a lot of different pictures and species, some of them look similar to the pictures of your mystery plant.

You know what, I failed to mention this is a floating plant and I think it came in with some Frogbit I bought, I never noticed it all because it was very small when received but it's much larger now, leaves are 3"-3.5" long.

Back
Top Bottom