Please Identify This Carpet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kashif314

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am having a very hard time in having a definite reply to what carpet I have in tank. Is it HC Cuba, Monte Carlo or Pearl Grass or any other. Its very important for me to know a definite answer so I can dose carbon accordingly. Please help

IMG-20171109-WA0037.jpg
IMG-20171109-WA0031.jpg
IMG-20171109-WA0039.jpg
IMG-20171109-WA0035.jpg

Following videos in 4k so you can look closer.

https://youtu.be/LrRDMIb8OK0
https://youtu.be/SW0x1ipttz0

Please Identify which carpet is this. Thanks.

I’m thinking Monte Carlo. Leaves look a little large for HC Cuba.
Looks like you’ve got Java moss growing under the carpet and some of it is poking through. It’s a pain. Use care when removing it if you choose to do so. Pulling up on it can dislodge sections of the carpet.

Monte Carlo for sure, needs a trim too, u can see it’s yellowing in spots [emoji106]

I’m thinking Monte Carlo. Leaves look a little large for HC Cuba.
Looks like you’ve got Java moss growing under the carpet and some of it is poking through. It’s a pain. Use care when removing it if you choose to do so. Pulling up on it can dislodge sections of the carpet.
Thanks. So dumb of me really. I thought its pieces of moss I put in my tank but after reading your comment I checked and yes that Moss is rooted in carpet. I wonder from where it came? I have some Christmas Moss in tank and sometimes pieces of it get here and there and I thought its same pieces of moss but I am surprised to see they were rooted in carpet. Is it possible that Moss I have in tank somehow rooted itself to carpet or if ig grew itself and its not Christmas Moss I put in my tank?

Today I careful rooted out a lot of moss. Don't know how to get rid of it or if now I have to permanently take care of it too.
Monte Carlo for sure, needs a trim too, u can see it’s yellowing in spots [emoji106]
Yes there a patch of little yellow leaves. But carpet is not thick from that patch. If I trim then I might disturb that place. Will see what to do. I already started iron and potassium dose.

So I found the shop owner who designed the tank and he confirmed its Monte Carlo. You guys guessed right [emoji106]

Back
Top Bottom