Please recommend live plants for freshwater?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeniferdeleon

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello~ I am starting a freshwater tank 20 gallon tank, I would like to put some live plants so I am currently researching. I am sure someone can suggest a few in which you have had success in ? Any advice is appreaciated and thank you. Also, how many would you recommend ?

:welcome: to AA. A planted tank is great ... so much nicer than plastic plants!

See the link below ... depends on a few factors, but start with lighting. Look at the low level / maintenance, let us know what you're interested in and we'll go from there.

PlantGeek.net - Plant Guide

Welcome to AA :welcome:

What kind of lighting do you have?

I moved this to the Planted Tanks forum... it should get some more attention here.

In agreement with the others, lighting is a big factor. It's hard to recommend any plants without knowing, since there are so many factors involved in selecting plants.

As far as the lighting is concerned, I have 2 25w bulbs for my tank. I can go up or down in wattage. I am looking for low maintanance plants.
Any advice is appreciated.

java ferns, java moss, amazon swords, giant water sprite, and duck weed all take care of them selfs just dont burry the green part of the java fern root and they will do just fine

Back
Top Bottom