please recommend rooted plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

justDIY

Aquarium Advice Addict
good day...

what are your favorite plants that are rooted or rootless, I keep buying "bunch" plants from lfs'es only to be disappointed when they start thriving in my tank and putting roots out all over the place.

my tank has medium-high light (~4 wpg), and cr**py diy co2, dosing flourish about once a week, no carbon in the filters

also, where's a good place to buy these at ... a lot of the bundles I see online seem to contain a lot of "stem / bunch" plants

ttyl
Gordon

I keep buying "bunch" plants from lfs'es only to be disappointed when they start thriving in my tank and putting roots out all over the place.

Well, thats what bunch (or stem) plants do. I ad mit it's a pain, but you have to do plant maintenance with these guys every 2-3 weeks. Cut off the tops, pull out the bottoms, and replant the tops. Only way I know of to keep the best looking part of the plants in the tank.

http://www.aquabotanic.com/ Good site, decent prices, pictures of most plants, and you don't pay till after you get the plants!

My favorites, so hard to say!

Stem plants: Hgroyphilia Sunset, Bacopa Carolinia, (both red/pink), Wisteria, Anacharis.

Cryptocornes: Balansae, Spiralis, Wenditii brown.

Blade like plants: Dwarf Valisineria, Saggitaria Americana.

Foreground plants: Micro tenellus, Riccia Fluitans.

Big mama plants: Banana Plant, Various Amazon Swords, Various Aponogetons (especially Madagascar Lace)

Also, Dwarf Lilly plants and Java ferns!

Now, I don't keep all of these, but boy I wish I could! I've also failed with a few of these, (I'm on my second try with Mad Lace, and the dwarf lillies).

There are so many choices, Just try some!

http://www.tropica.dk/default.asp

Tropica is in Denmark, you don't want to order from them, but they have agreat database of plants, with pics and requirements.

Back
Top Bottom