Pleco on amazon sword?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs.h2012

Aquarium Advice Addict
Mh albino pleco seems to be really liking my amazon sword for some reason; almost always on one of the leaves. He won't eat a hole in the leaves will he?

Mh albino pleco seems to be really liking my amazon sword for some reason; almost always on one of the leaves. He won't eat a hole in the leaves will he?

Of course all snails are vegetarians and only eat plants but I don't know if that crosses over to all other bottom feeders/algae eaters but if it does than he might just be tempted to eat a hole in it

Actually not all snails are vegetarians, take assissin snails for example. But yes BNP will rasp on Amazon leaves sometimes. While they won't usually put a hole in it they will make the leaf tissue thin enough to see through. Mine does it every once in a while. You might want to increase your supplimental veggie feedings.

Actually not all snails are vegetarians, take assissin snails for example. But yes BNP will rasp on Amazon leaves sometimes. While they won't usually put a hole in it they will make the leaf tissue thin enough to see through. Mine does it every once in a while. You might want to increase your supplimental veggie feedings.

I feed zucchini slices every few days, should I be feeding more often than that?

I'd be sure to feed veggies every 3rd day. I also gently nudge mine off the amazon sword leaves whenever I see her on them. Thing is I have a huge tank with plenty of room for her to go to other places.

I'd be sure to feed veggies every 3rd day. I also gently nudge mine off the amazon sword leaves whenever I see her on them. Thing is I have a huge tank with plenty of room for her to go to other places.

Ok. Im gonna have to get another zucchini, last time a cooked some I cooked a whole zucchini and put it in the freezer. I'm running low now!

Back
Top Bottom