post a pic of your planted tank!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The big bushy one, left foreground is a simple amazon sword. There is another on the right side, but it obscured by the huge java fern sitting on top of it. :)

JulieB said:
You're tank looks awesome! I'll post pics of mine this weekend

Thank you, and I can't wait to see your pics. I will also update this to show the new plants I recieved from you. (y)

That is looking nice and Lush Jc....
However, Where the heck is the blue substrate? Did you photoshop it out...heh ;-)
If not you owe some more pics.... Maybe shot of Cliff chillin on his new gravel. Perhaps a whole thread on changing substrates. Get crackin man, you can't pop up some pic of an awsome looking tank.... we need details.

Jchillin said:
The big bushy one, left foreground is a simple amazon sword. There is another on the right side, but it obscured by the huge java fern sitting on top of it. :)

Interesting... because I have two Amazon swords, and they look nothing like that. You'll see in my pics.

Work in Progress

Work in progress - 72g

2 Angels
6 Giant Danios
4 Ottos
2 Pineapple Swordtails
1 Dwarf Red Gourami
1 Blue Gourami
8 Neons
5 Glass Fish
Substrate: Aquariumplants.com
130W compact Flourescent at 5700K + 13W soft white

Oooo, itafx,I love the blue/black background, the rock work in the middle, and the substrate (Eco-Complete?). I can't wait to see it filled in. Just gorgeous.

Jchillin, tank is amazing and, yes, lush. Wasn't it just the other day that it only had driftwood and some swords when you changed out the substrate. DANG.

Here are my two before and afters.

One 12/30/06, the day I got my new lighting and went out and bought L. repens, 1 broadleaf sword, Anubias afzelii, and dwarf Sagittaria to go with the java moss, ceylon and sunset hygo, r. rotundifolia, and Brazilian pennywort. Taken with with my old Fuji Finepix.
img_781226_0_9a59def5e6229dd54099db8712b8932b.jpg

Here it is at the end of January. I added some driftwood. (Taken with the new camera :oops: )
img_781226_1_66e51eda80a50c721b4919133593621d.jpg

Now I have even more plants with the moneywort, and the L. repens is TALL and finally starting to curl up and show that very red underside. R. rotundifolia has grown too. The dwarf Sagittaria was pulled because it wasn't doing well. I'll have to add another pic I guess once I get home and upload the most recent.

Zezmo said:
That is looking nice and Lush Jc....
However, Where the heck is the blue substrate? Did you photoshop it out...heh ;-)
If not you owe some more pics.... Maybe shot of Cliff chillin on his new gravel. Perhaps a whole thread on changing substrates. Get crackin man, you can't pop up some pic of an awsome looking tank.... we need details.

Zezmo, I have no idea of how you missed this but I'd never subject the membership to sudden change without a history journal. :)

JulieB - Bring on the pics...the weekend is here!

hey wow i havent seen this thread ina while. i will have to get a new one of mine up aswel. *goes to take picture*

True, haven't seen this thread in a while..

Most of my plants are starting to come back now.. Also came to the conclusion that what I thought was alt. reinekki looked far too close to my ludwiga glandulosa.. It is the same plant, they mis-marked it.. was wondering why mine never had any green on it.. so I picked up some.

Tank: 120Gal (4'x2'x2')
Lighting : 4x65w CF 10000K, 2x32w ODNO 6500K, 1 32w 50/50 10000K/actnic
Substrate: Turface MVP

T120030207.jpg

Jchillin, tank is amazing and, yes, lush. Wasn't it just the other day that it only had driftwood and some swords when you changed out the substrate.

Sweet lord-is that the same tank? NO WAY.

Wizzard-what are the dimensions of that tank? I love the shape.

BEAUTIFUL, everyone!

wow i also really like the depth of that tank. stunning. i cant wait to set up a larger planted tank. my biggest issue right now is space though lol. but a 120 was my dream size. i know there are alot of new members on here so start posting!!! this thread hasnt earned 11 pages for nothing there are some wicked tanks on here. oh and updates are more than welcome *cough*GLENC*cough* so get them up here. i will have a new one up here sunday night.

55G 165W
I used to have a DIY CO2, but couldn't keep up with it.

Attachments

• img_0441_266.jpg
    img_0441_266.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 23
Thanks, my scaping is limited by the fish I keep. Unlike Travis that can talk to his fish and tell them where to dig.. The Pleco and 5 clowns have a habit of ripping things up. I found leaving him about half the tank, he stays out of trouble now... The clowns on the other hand think there are snails under every plant.. (Esp. Glosso)

The congo's are about 3".. They can get to about 5".. I have 2 younger ones in there aswell.

Travis, Stunning as always, looks like it just got a haircut.

decoc, what is the floating plant?

plecoperson said:
Jchillin, tank is amazing and, yes, lush. Wasn't it just the other day that it only had driftwood and some swords when you changed out the substrate.

Sweet lord-is that the same tank? NO WAY.

Yes, it is the same tank albeit everything in it is different.

I have the same problems as Wizzard in regard to the livestock compatibility with the flora...I tried some stargrass but the balas made most of it into a salad bar. My sailfin likes to moosh down on any delicate leaf plants. I've tried training my fish like Travis alas, negative results.

Here's a better pic of my 72 bow work in progress without the reflections off the front.

One of my Giant Danios jumped out over night. He's a crispy critter now.

My tank!

OK! So my husband got the card reader to work, so I'm finally posting pics! Here is my 56 gal tank. I just recently gave away much of my ludwigia and pennywort. I can finally see my fish again! :)

So my question is: What is the plant in the middle? Is it an Amazon sword? Because I thought the tall ones on the left and right of the tank were Amazon swords...

I've posted more pics in my gallery for your viewing pleasure :)

awesome tanks everyone!!! you people have some truely creative talents, you have all created some beautiful breath takin tanks that could be used as still photos for art work, seriously there gorgeous!! I can only hope mine someday reach's your all's level

Re: My tank!

JulieB said:
So my question is: What is the plant in the middle? Is it an Amazon sword? Because I thought the tall ones on the left and right of the tank were Amazon swords...

It could be a type of Amazon. If it is new and not fully grown, I would say it's Echinodorus amazonicus or Echinodorus bleheri. If it is fully grown, then it's a miniture Amazon called Echinodorus bleheri 'compacta'.

Re: My tank!

rkilling1 said:
It could be a type of Amazon. If it is new and not fully grown, I would say it's Echinodorus amazonicus or Echinodorus bleheri. If it is fully grown, then it's a miniture Amazon called Echinodorus bleheri 'compacta'.

Yes, it's fully grown (about 6 years old now). So I'm thinking it's a miniature Amazon :) Thanks rkilling1!

Back
Top Bottom