Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Planted Tanks
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-02-2007, 02:52 PM   #261
AA Team Emeritus

The big bushy one, left foreground is a simple amazon sword. There is another on the right side, but it obscured by the huge java fern sitting on top of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieB
You're tank looks awesome! I'll post pics of mine this weekend
Thank you, and I can't wait to see your pics. I will also update this to show the new plants I recieved from you.

Old 03-02-2007, 03:12 PM   #262
Aquarium Advice Addict

That is looking nice and Lush Jc....
However, Where the heck is the blue substrate? Did you photoshop it out...heh
If not you owe some more pics.... Maybe shot of Cliff chillin on his new gravel. Perhaps a whole thread on changing substrates. Get crackin man, you can't pop up some pic of an awsome looking tank.... we need details.

Old 03-02-2007, 03:44 PM   #263
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jchillin
The big bushy one, left foreground is a simple amazon sword. There is another on the right side, but it obscured by the huge java fern sitting on top of it.

Interesting... because I have two Amazon swords, and they look nothing like that. You'll see in my pics.
1 Pearl Gourami, 2 Angel fish (one veiled), 4 Congo tetras, 1 Boesemani rainbow, 1 Columbian tetra, 3 Yo Yo loaches, 1 Pleco, 3 assorted Cory Cats, 2 Black skirt tetras, 2 serpae tetras, 2 German rams, 17 neon tetras, and a partridge in a pear treeeeee!
JulieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 04:17 PM   #264
Aquarium Advice Freak

Work in Progress

Work in progress - 72g

2 Angels
6 Giant Danios
4 Ottos
2 Pineapple Swordtails
1 Dwarf Red Gourami
1 Blue Gourami
8 Neons
5 Glass Fish
Substrate: Aquariumplants.com
130W compact Flourescent at 5700K + 13W soft white
Old 03-02-2007, 04:32 PM   #265
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Oooo, itafx,I love the blue/black background, the rock work in the middle, and the substrate (Eco-Complete?). I can't wait to see it filled in. Just gorgeous.

Jchillin, tank is amazing and, yes, lush. Wasn't it just the other day that it only had driftwood and some swords when you changed out the substrate. DANG.

Here are my two before and afters.

One 12/30/06, the day I got my new lighting and went out and bought L. repens, 1 broadleaf sword, Anubias afzelii, and dwarf Sagittaria to go with the java moss, ceylon and sunset hygo, r. rotundifolia, and Brazilian pennywort. Taken with with my old Fuji Finepix.

Here it is at the end of January. I added some driftwood. (Taken with the new camera )

Now I have even more plants with the moneywort, and the L. repens is TALL and finally starting to curl up and show that very red underside. R. rotundifolia has grown too. The dwarf Sagittaria was pulled because it wasn't doing well. I'll have to add another pic I guess once I get home and upload the most recent.
Old 03-02-2007, 06:48 PM   #266
AA Team Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zezmo
That is looking nice and Lush Jc....
However, Where the heck is the blue substrate? Did you photoshop it out...heh
If not you owe some more pics.... Maybe shot of Cliff chillin on his new gravel. Perhaps a whole thread on changing substrates. Get crackin man, you can't pop up some pic of an awsome looking tank.... we need details.
Zezmo, I have no idea of how you missed this but I'd never subject the membership to sudden change without a history journal.

JulieB - Bring on the pics...the weekend is here!
Old 03-02-2007, 09:07 PM   #267
Aquarium Advice Addict

hey wow i havent seen this thread ina while. i will have to get a new one of mine up aswel. *goes to take picture*
Old 03-02-2007, 09:31 PM   #268
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to Wizzard~Of~Ozz
True, haven't seen this thread in a while..

Most of my plants are starting to come back now.. Also came to the conclusion that what I thought was alt. reinekki looked far too close to my ludwiga glandulosa.. It is the same plant, they mis-marked it.. was wondering why mine never had any green on it.. so I picked up some.

Tank: 120Gal (4'x2'x2')
Lighting : 4x65w CF 10000K, 2x32w ODNO 6500K, 1 32w 50/50 10000K/actnic
Substrate: Turface MVP

Old 03-02-2007, 11:01 PM   #269
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Jchillin, tank is amazing and, yes, lush. Wasn't it just the other day that it only had driftwood and some swords when you changed out the substrate.
Sweet lord-is that the same tank? NO WAY.

Wizzard-what are the dimensions of that tank? I love the shape.

BEAUTIFUL, everyone!

Remember that Darwin was mostly right!
plecoperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 11:34 PM   #270
Aquarium Advice Addict

wow i also really like the depth of that tank. stunning. i cant wait to set up a larger planted tank. my biggest issue right now is space though lol. but a 120 was my dream size. i know there are alot of new members on here so start posting!!! this thread hasnt earned 11 pages for nothing there are some wicked tanks on here. oh and updates are more than welcome *cough*GLENC*cough* so get them up here. i will have a new one up here sunday night.
Old 03-03-2007, 12:04 AM   #271
Algae Fighter

Send a message via MSN to JustOneMore20
Quote:
Tank: 120Gal (4'x2'x2')
Wow...if thats a 120g tank, those Congos are huge! That picture really puts their size in perspective.

The tank is really nice though.

JustOneMore20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 01:28 AM   #272
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via MSN to DocOc Send a message via Yahoo to DocOc
55G 165W
I used to have a DIY CO2, but couldn't keep up with it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img_0441_266.jpg (208.3 KB, 22 views)
Old 03-03-2007, 06:01 AM   #273
Aquarium Advice Addict

My latest, no foreground . . .

Old 03-03-2007, 10:22 AM   #274
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to Wizzard~Of~Ozz
Thanks, my scaping is limited by the fish I keep. Unlike Travis that can talk to his fish and tell them where to dig.. The Pleco and 5 clowns have a habit of ripping things up. I found leaving him about half the tank, he stays out of trouble now... The clowns on the other hand think there are snails under every plant.. (Esp. Glosso)

The congo's are about 3".. They can get to about 5".. I have 2 younger ones in there aswell.

Travis, Stunning as always, looks like it just got a haircut.

decoc, what is the floating plant?
Old 03-03-2007, 10:34 AM   #275
AA Team Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by plecoperson
Quote:
Jchillin, tank is amazing and, yes, lush. Wasn't it just the other day that it only had driftwood and some swords when you changed out the substrate.
Sweet lord-is that the same tank? NO WAY.
Yes, it is the same tank albeit everything in it is different.

I have the same problems as Wizzard in regard to the livestock compatibility with the flora...I tried some stargrass but the balas made most of it into a salad bar. My sailfin likes to moosh down on any delicate leaf plants. I've tried training my fish like Travis alas, negative results.
Old 03-03-2007, 03:56 PM   #276
Aquarium Advice Freak

Here's a better pic of my 72 bow work in progress without the reflections off the front.

One of my Giant Danios jumped out over night. He's a crispy critter now.
Old 03-04-2007, 11:15 PM   #277
Aquarium Advice Regular

My tank!

OK! So my husband got the card reader to work, so I'm finally posting pics! Here is my 56 gal tank. I just recently gave away much of my ludwigia and pennywort. I can finally see my fish again!

So my question is: What is the plant in the middle? Is it an Amazon sword? Because I thought the tall ones on the left and right of the tank were Amazon swords...

I've posted more pics in my gallery for your viewing pleasure

1 Pearl Gourami, 2 Angel fish (one veiled), 4 Congo tetras, 1 Boesemani rainbow, 1 Columbian tetra, 3 Yo Yo loaches, 1 Pleco, 3 assorted Cory Cats, 2 Black skirt tetras, 2 serpae tetras, 2 German rams, 17 neon tetras, and a partridge in a pear treeeeee!
Old 03-05-2007, 02:39 AM   #278
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to tropicfishman
awesome tanks everyone!!! you people have some truely creative talents, you have all created some beautiful breath takin tanks that could be used as still photos for art work, seriously there gorgeous!! I can only hope mine someday reach's your all's level
Old 03-05-2007, 06:11 PM   #279
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to rkilling1
Re: My tank!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieB
So my question is: What is the plant in the middle? Is it an Amazon sword? Because I thought the tall ones on the left and right of the tank were Amazon swords...
It could be a type of Amazon. If it is new and not fully grown, I would say it's Echinodorus amazonicus or Echinodorus bleheri. If it is fully grown, then it's a miniture Amazon called Echinodorus bleheri 'compacta'.
Old 03-05-2007, 06:35 PM   #280
Aquarium Advice Regular

Re: My tank!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkilling1
It could be a type of Amazon. If it is new and not fully grown, I would say it's Echinodorus amazonicus or Echinodorus bleheri. If it is fully grown, then it's a miniture Amazon called Echinodorus bleheri 'compacta'.
Yes, it's fully grown (about 6 years old now). So I'm thinking it's a miniature Amazon Thanks rkilling1!

Tags
pic, plant, planted, planted tank, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com