post a pic of your planted tank!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
planted1od.jpg

Planted 29g (no fake ones)

1.2 wpg with two fert tabs put in about a month ago.Thats all I've done,I just buy em and drop em in lol

Time to add mine...

I'm still not happy with it........but it's a work in progress.

may-06.jpg

i like it glitch. alot of variety in there. u have alot of open room aswell which makes it look really big. wait untill your ground cover takes off it will be jaw dropping. i want eco complete sooo bad!!

alright i thought i would bump this thread for anyone new who might want some inspiration for their tanks. and also i have done a huge update on mine since my last post. so i want to see all the emmebers tanks that have already posted cause i am sure they have changed since the last pic. just try to keep it to one pic so loading times arnt so bad. and if u feel up to it u can post all the stats, light, ferts, substrate, co2 levels, test readings.. anything to do with it. so here is mine. waiting on a shipment of some new plants so i have some stems and others in there. here it is....
img_688512_0_b69a2d54658c5f131351740cdd949b27.jpg

Well... here is mine... ill take some new ones soon as these are getting a bit old

Attachments

• dsc01000_159.jpg
    dsc01000_159.jpg
    216 KB · Views: 37
  • dsc01000_159.jpg
    dsc01000_159.jpg
    216 KB · Views: 34
  • tank_100.jpg
    tank_100.jpg
    247.3 KB · Views: 77
  • tank_100.jpg
    tank_100.jpg
    247.3 KB · Views: 78
Wow Jcarl........I really like that look.

Very nice!!

I'll prolly take some pics of my 92G tomorrow.
It looks alot different now.

hey travis dont be afraid to put another one of yours. i love the discus jcarlilesiu and is that a huge tiger lotus in the tank? its stunning! that little sword on the right grew a fair amout to lol. i love this thread, i can go through it for hours and just keep looking at the tanks. everypage that gets added makes me look through them all again.

Thanks for resurrecting the thread mr funktastic!

Here is my 55g planted:
img_688683_0_79e8b6f893cfa49a241a6483b79ed4de.jpg

img_688683_1_e065e3e672e965f9847ce2509507a8a7.jpg

rotala rotundifolia top

And my 29g:
img_688683_2_73d9b83918d1e8756b03d7402f6a26af.jpg

img_688683_3_7ba22680d6fa55ad50580480bb1fceb9.jpg

ambulia

I'll be getting some dwarf hairgrass for the foreground on Friday...it looks bad now...being so bare. I hope to change out the substrate to Eco soon and rearrange. Its kind of messy atm.

i love the full thick look of it. very natural. that pic of the last plant is amazing, i want some!! your reds are amazing and is that a big clump of java moss at the front? i cant wait to see it with eco and a foreground.

Ambulia!!!! Illegal here in CO. I wish I could get some. Not that you can't send me clippings if you feel like it:p If they happen to fall into the package or something :p I'm sure I could send you something to reciprocate.

"Big fluffy hairball plants . . . "

u mean there is a plant that u dont have travis!!!!!!! thats amazing! justonemore20 - i can tell u now if u are looking for some plants u will never find anywhere else and u want lots shoot travis a pm. u will be up to you neck in no time. just for a little trade of some of your other plants.. but not the one he wants casue its illegal :wink:

Thanks guys!

is that a big clump of java moss at the front?
That is actually Taiwon moss on a piece of driftwood, but its kind of overgrown right now. It needs a trim, but I've been a little lazy.

That Ambulia is a funny plant. I've learned that plants that like slightly higher light (ludwigia, ambulia) do much better in the 29g than the 55g, even though the 29 has a little less light. But I guess they do better because the light is closer to the the plants. Very strange. That Ambulia was in my 55g and it was so leggy looking...looked horrible. Now look at it...its nice and fluffy!

I am running out of room for the Ambulia so next time I trim I'll be happy to send you some Travis. The bottom parts a a little leggy, but I think you have higher light than me in your tanks, so it shouldn't be a problem. The post office shouldn't check the package, right? Lol....I'm sure we could get away with it.

I'll post another picture after I plant the dwarf hairgrass and it starts growing in the 29g.

Back
Top Bottom