Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Planted Tanks
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-03-2004, 10:01 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

*pouting* bad day...

I thought I'd warn you. I'm venting here, so don't feel obligated to read.

Okay, I filled up my 55 gallon yesterday, got some amazon sword plants to start my new planted tank with and if you remember, there was a bow in the tank... Well, I measured the bow after I filled it with water, and it was over a 1/2 inch which freaked me out. I stayed with the tank (while watching all the election stuff) and finally around 2 AM I decided to take out the water. My gut feeling just said that it wouldn't be safe. ON TOP OF THAT, the lighting I ordered over 2 weeks ago hasn't arrived yet. It was suppose to come in last wednesday. Over the weekend, the guy tried to file a claim that I didn't pay, and I replied (to ebay) with all my info and receipt # (because I sent a MO) and I contacted the guy directly and asked why he'd file that claim and I attached all the e-mails I kept which had him saying he had received the money and when I'd get the lights, etc... I am so frustrated. The claim was dropped and I was told the lights were in the mail, but I still haven't gotten them and it totally sucks. Now I'm stuck with a tank I can't use, a stand I don't have a working tank for, a filter, heater, and no lighting, plus plants that need lighting and a big tank. Oh and two fish which are gonna need this big tank sometime before x-mas. *BIG SIGH!*

On the plus side, the guy I am dating is totally supportive and stayed up with me last night and helped me take down the tank. He suggested buying me a tank himself, but I don't want him to spend that much money on me. Such a sweetie

Old 11-04-2004, 12:48 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to lyquidphyre
Awwww he sounds like a keeper

I know how things like that just suck

*hugs&

lyquidphyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 01:14 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
On the plus side, the guy I am dating is totally supportive and stayed up with me last night and helped me take down the tank. He suggested buying me a tank himself, but I don't want him to spend that much money on me. Such a sweetie
Keeper!! By Christmas, he can spend that kind of money on you

Menagerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 01:44 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

lol, thanks guys. This boy and I have been "together" for about 2 years now. He definitely is a keeper. I just don't want him to spend that much money on me, especially cause I won't be getting my full paycheck until after christmas sometime and so I won't be able to match his gift, if that makes sense.

back to the tank and lighting... I'm glad I decided to go with a USPS money order, it means I can send the government after the guy if he is trying to screw me. I doubt he is, but it is a comforting fact.
Old 11-04-2004, 02:04 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to lyquidphyre
aww me and my boy have been together for 2 years this Xmas

I, however, want jewelry! hehe

Hopefully the fish tank stuff will sort itself out

lyquidphyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 02:15 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

hehe, good luck on that jewelry

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com