Powered CO2 reactor options

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Delapool

AA Member
Site Team
Last edited:
Death rattle. That's funny!
Really could not get an idea on the first item (pic blurry on mobile).
You may want to check out Ista Mix Max reactors. I believe a few folks on AA use them either inline or intank.
With a small powerhead and a gravel vac or clear water bottle you might be able to go DIY.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Death rattle. That's funny!
Really could not get an idea on the first item (pic blurry on mobile).
You may want to check out Ista Mix Max reactors. I believe a few folks on AA use them either inline or intank.
With a small powerhead and a gravel vac or clear water bottle you might be able to go DIY.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks for the reply! Yeah, it can get so loud that the family are allowed to just turn the power off at the power point for the whole tank. I think because it uses a magnet to attach to tank glass so any rattle just goes straight through the glass...

Pulled the tunze reactor apart and realised I could actually probably put a second tunze powerhead on the other side of plastic t-piece where co2 mixes. Second option to check out.

Good thought on the ista mix max.

Checking space as lots of tubes and cords at each end of tank. It would help if I got rid of some stuff out of tank rather than adding to it...

I could go back to just a ceramic stone and sit it under the internal filter. Always was a bit worried that the co2 might cause the impeller blades on the filter pump to wear or something. Not sure how it would do that but had seen a few posts.

If that wasn't an issue than I'd just put a ceramic stone under a canister filter inlet. Idk, 2bps is what I can kind of do now and 3 to 4 bps is what I'd like to run so that might be too many bubbles going through a filter.

Update - so I've ordered a second tunze to try but the lfs is also asking tunze support if a good idea to run two tunze powerheads on one t piece.

Also the powerhead had a little adjuster to change water flow. I've cut all that out so water flow should be better. Even at max flow the flow adjuster would of been blocking at least 20% of the outlet.

Back
Top Bottom