PPS Pro mixing problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Karay

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I've mixed my fertilizers based on a calculator found online. Macros and micros. I've left it overnight and yet I'm finding one of the fertilizers is not dissolving. Did I do something wrong?
I based my amounts on a 300ml bottle
Macros
K2SO4 -18
KNO3 -20
KH2PO4 -2
MgSO4 -12

Micros -24
I placed ingredients in their respective bottles added 3/4 amount of distilled water, gave them a really good shake, added the remaining water, shook again and placed in the fridge over night.

The micros look fine but the macros still have a fertilizer at the bottom. No amount of shaking is allowing it to dissolve

I've mixed my fertilizers based on a calculator found online. Macros and micros. I've left it overnight and yet I'm finding one of the fertilizers is not dissolving. Did I do something wrong?
I based my amounts on a 300ml bottle
Macros
K2SO4 -18
KNO3 -20
KH2PO4 -2
MgSO4 -12

Micros -24
I placed ingredients in their respective bottles added 3/4 amount of distilled water, gave them a really good shake, added the remaining water, shook again and placed in the fridge over night.

The micros look fine but the macros still have a fertilizer at the bottom. No amount of shaking is allowing it to dissolve

My first guess is that the cold temperature is keeping them from dissolving. The ferts will dissolve better at room temperature or a little above. How much of it isn't dissolving?

The distilled water was sitting on our countertop for 3 days prior to mixing so it was at room temp. I'll post a pic of the remaining amount

I'm wondering if there's a certain amount of solubles water can handle and if my digital kitchen scale isn't sensitive enough. Perhaps I have too much of each ingredient. My scale only reads exact grams, no decimal points. I slowly poured to ingredients until the scale changed. The 2grams of KH2PO4 wouldn't even change the scale with it being such a small reading.

It has to sit for quite a while to completely dissolve. Sticking it in the fridge before it is done mixing then that would cause issues.

Water does hold a maximum amount of dissolved minerals. However that much unmixed is unlikely to cause any issues. Just shake the bottle before adding to your tank.

Mmmm.... Even with added glut? I m just finishing my first batch & will be mixing a new bottle in the next couple of days. I m mixing in a 500 ml bottle & added 10 mls of glut (un diluted ).
What do other people do ??? Refrigerate even with the glut?
Inquiring minds need to know:).

I don't know if it has glut if it needs to go in the fridge then. I don't have glut and our lfs doesn't have excel. Finding metricide in Canada is a little difficult. The same with fertilizers as well

I didn't refrigerate my traces as I didn't know it was needed at the time. I added 25ml of glut so maybe that's why it didn't get mold. It's a lot more convenient for me to keep the micros by my tank. Kitchen is a ways off from the tanks. OS.

K thanks.
Yep, it s pretty bad here, mainly with the freezing rain coming in.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391873061.056051.jpg
View from my porch.
So glad I can stay home all weekend. Things are supposed to be better by Monday.

LOL we had 3" snow on the ground and got 2" more last evening. At least it wasn't freezing rain. YUK! Good weekend to stay by the fish tanks. LOL.

Back
Top Bottom