Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Planted Tanks
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-22-2007, 02:01 PM   #1
Algae Fighter

Send a message via MSN to JustOneMore20
Pressurized CO2 system help

Well I thought I had everything to setup my pressurized system...but is seems that I don't just yet. Problem is I'm not sure exactly what I need (or rather, what its called). So, I'm needing some guidance here.

I have:
Regulator with solenoid from Rex Grigg
Check Valves
Needle valves (1 inline, 1 not inline)
3-port Manifold
20lb CO2 tank
Tubing from Rex

My problems come in with the manifold and how to attach it to the regulator. I assume I need something to connect it, since the in/outputs are different.

I have pictures, since I don't really know what to call the sizes.

Regulator

Manifold with needle valve

Do I need something? I'm assuming the thing attached to the regulator now doesn't come out....or does it? I feel dumb asking this, but I have no idea about it.

Also, my other question is to run the inline needle valve, I'm assuming I need some sort of part to put in the manifold hole to attach the airline to. Is an 1/8" hose barb what I need for that?

Thanks in advance!
Kristin (who is pressurized CO2 challenged)

JustOneMore20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 04:51 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to rkilling1
The solenoid has 1/8" NPT threads, so the 3 port manifold will fit once you remove the 1/8" NPT to 10-32 reducer from the solenoid.

As far as the adaptor for the tubing, I would email Rex and he will get one sent out to you for a couple of bucks. Just ask him for a 10-32 hose adaptor for the 3 port manifold. I can give you the part on Clippards website if you would rather do it without contacting Rex.

Old 03-22-2007, 04:56 PM   #3
Algae Fighter

Send a message via MSN to JustOneMore20
Thanks! I wasn't sure if I was supposed to remove that or not....didn't want to mess anything up.

I will email Rex. I have to get another check valve and needle valve from him since I've decided to inject the CO2 into my 5.5g nano....so I'll just get a hose barb too. I was surprised he didn't mention it to me when I bought the other stuff, but he probably just forgot.

Thanks again!

JustOneMore20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 05:00 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to rkilling1
When you install the manifold, just make sure there is enough sealent left to make a tight seal or use pipe tape on the manifold threads. And don't forget to leak check everything.

EDIT: Also make sure the connection is clean. ie there isn't any material left in the solenoid. Any little piece of material will make using the needle valve almost impossible.

Tags
co2, stem, system

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com