Pressurized CO2 system help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JustOneMore20

Algae Fighter
Well I thought I had everything to setup my pressurized system...but is seems that I don't just yet. Problem is I'm not sure exactly what I need (or rather, what its called). So, I'm needing some guidance here. :)

I have:
Regulator with solenoid from Rex Grigg
Check Valves
Needle valves (1 inline, 1 not inline)
3-port Manifold
20lb CO2 tank
Tubing from Rex

My problems come in with the manifold and how to attach it to the regulator. I assume I need something to connect it, since the in/outputs are different.

I have pictures, since I don't really know what to call the sizes.

Regulator
img_788444_0_fc61e04314471c876e6f8c89c9d407a7.jpg

Manifold with needle valve
img_788444_1_8b92d620c669731e6b825b3e0eb75933.jpg

Do I need something? I'm assuming the thing attached to the regulator now doesn't come out....or does it? I feel dumb asking this, but I have no idea about it. :oops:

Also, my other question is to run the inline needle valve, I'm assuming I need some sort of part to put in the manifold hole to attach the airline to. Is an 1/8" hose barb what I need for that?

Thanks in advance!
Kristin (who is pressurized CO2 challenged)

The solenoid has 1/8" NPT threads, so the 3 port manifold will fit once you remove the 1/8" NPT to 10-32 reducer from the solenoid.

As far as the adaptor for the tubing, I would email Rex and he will get one sent out to you for a couple of bucks. Just ask him for a 10-32 hose adaptor for the 3 port manifold. I can give you the part on Clippards website if you would rather do it without contacting Rex.

Thanks! I wasn't sure if I was supposed to remove that or not....didn't want to mess anything up.

I will email Rex. I have to get another check valve and needle valve from him since I've decided to inject the CO2 into my 5.5g nano....so I'll just get a hose barb too. I was surprised he didn't mention it to me when I bought the other stuff, but he probably just forgot.

Thanks again!

When you install the manifold, just make sure there is enough sealent left to make a tight seal or use pipe tape on the manifold threads. And don't forget to leak check everything.

EDIT: Also make sure the connection is clean. ie there isn't any material left in the solenoid. Any little piece of material will make using the needle valve almost impossible.

Back
Top Bottom