Pressurized CO2 Tank Sizes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bcarl_10gal

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have been doing research on different types of pressurized CO2 setups and wanted some opinions. I want to go with the Aquatek regulators but I am still debating on what size tank to get. I am debating between a 5# and the paintball setup. It is a 10gal right now but I will be upgrading to a 26gal in the future. The tank is heavily planted. If I went with the paintball setup how long would it last on the 10 and the 26? How long would the 5# last on both? Also is it worth the extra money to get the 5# tank? (I have places to get both filled)

If you have the room I'd definitely get the 5#. With the solenoid on a timer, it will probably last 6+ months. I have the Aquatek paintball regulator and a 20oz lasts me 2 to 3 months on a timer with about 2bps in my 26g. I went with paintball because of space restraints in my stand. Its not so bad because the local airsoft spot gives 5 free refills if the co2 cylinder is purchased from them.. So at $25 for the co2 tank, and at $5 a refill..i got it for free basically. I bought 2 tanks so i don't have to get refills as often.

Back
Top Bottom