proper needle valve

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kristen

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I bought an Azoo Pressure Regulator with solenid and would like to attach a needle valve to it but i'm not sure if i need an adapter in order for it to fit directly into the solenid. I am planning on buying from Clippard and have seen others post about this one in particular
http://www.clippard.com/store/display_details.asp?sku=MNV-4K2 [/url]
Can anyone help me figure out what I need? Thanks so much!

Are you sure that the Azoo Pressure Regulator you bought doesn't already have one? Most regulators that are sold for aquarium use come with a needle valve.

It's from Foster&Smith and I can control the flow with whats there but its not accurate at all, i have to adjust it everyday when the CO2 turns on.

I'd just remove it entirely.
You will need a pair of pliers and work it off.
then add something like www.Aquacave.com needle valve.

They sell a black ribbed handle one that's nice, 21$, much better than clippard and just a few $ more.

The 1/8" mpt is teflon tapes right into most regulators.
So no leaks and strong connection.

These have provided steady flows for months on end.

From there, The Tygon tubing (aquaticeco.com) is the best tubing I've used to date.

Regards,
Tom Barr

Not that a better needle valve isn't a good idea, but what do you have the low pressure gauge set at?

A lot of people have trouble with keeping a constant supply of CO2 when the regulator is set too low.

Back
Top Bottom