pruning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nitrous

Aquarium Advice FINatic
how do you guys prune your anacharis? everytime i do it never propegates. it just turns the stem brow and then doesnt grow any taller but the top part then grows a lot. since my co2 has kicked in they all have hit the top of the tank. also is there a certain way to prune rotala indicia? i dont want to prune my hornwort just yet because it is a floating plan t somewhat and it is doing real well having the tops floating so i may prune them but they propegated fine for me... just anacharis didnt :(

tips are appreciated thanks!

I cut my anacharis half way down, and then it's doesn't do much from there. Mine hasn't turned brown, but it's like the growth is stunted from there.

I did a little research and found this out about anacharis.

Egeria najas is a good plant for beginners, and its rapid growth helps create a balance in the aquarium from the start. It can also help prevent algae because it absorbs a great number of nutrients from the water. The plant secretes antibiotic substances which can help prevent blue-green algae (a type of bacteria). The growth rate depends largely on the amount of light and nutrition available. Growth does not stop in unfavourable conditions, but the plant turns light in color and the tendrils grow thin.

well mine turns a reddish colour on the very top where i cut it but then it send out a new off shoot a few leaves down and begins to grow again. same thing with me cobomba. the very top where i cut it doesnt do anything but a few leaves down it starts a new shoot. i guess it is all about conditions. i may have a different balance of nutrients or more light or something.

Back
Top Bottom