Pruning crinum calamistratum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Why do you want to prune it? I know the leaves do cover the water since most get very long but that is one of the things most like about the plant.

The leaves are getting tangled in my other plants. I'm not sure that I really want to, just to know how to in case I decide to. I definately don't want to do anything to it to harm it.

if you trim the leaf itself it'll just end up dying on you. you have to cut the leaves off low near the bulb.

or if the plant is producing daughter bulbs you can throw out the mother plant and replant the daughter plants

no i think that'll kill the leaves. but hey, if you're gonna cut the leaves off at the bottom anyway it couldnt hurt to try to trim them. either way they're coming out

Thakns for the replies. If I do decide to prune it, Ill try trimming a few leaves and see what happens then post back up here. I may end up rearranging the other plants, I do like the way it spreads across the surface.

Thakns for the replies. If I do decide to prune it, Ill try trimming a few leaves and see what happens then post back up here. I may end up rearranging the other plants, I do like the way it spreads across the surface.

Yeah I use those spiral vals for the same effect, its cool having them bunched up in a corner and having them spread across the top, kind of frames the tank in. Love the effect, and my betta does too haha.

Plus I can just trim the leaves whenever needed on the vals so thats nice.

Back
Top Bottom