Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Planted Tanks
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-28-2007, 06:22 PM   #1
kaz
Aquarium Advice Addict

question about hornwort!

I notice my hornwort getting redish color starting for about 3 inches from the top where it is solid green and growing, is this good? the other question is that low half all i can see is the stem no leafs how would I go upon making these sections grow new ones do I cut the plant where it has no leafs and re-plant etc?

6 Rummy Nose, 9 Ottos, 2 Yoyo Loach, 1 Golden Nugget Pleco, 2 Julli's Cory, 4 Angelicus Botia, 1 Chocolate Kuhli Loach, 3 Ghost Shrimp, 1 SAE, 1 Black Mollie, 1 Redeye Swordtail Mollie, 1 C-Pleco, MTS, Guppy's
Plants
Argentine Sword, Amazon Sword, Micro Sword, Xmas Moss, Pennywort, Hornwort, Jave Fern, Baby Tears, Moneywort, Ludwigia, Wisteria, Giant Bacoba, Hygro 'Sunset'
kaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 06:25 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to rich311k
The tops will get red as they get more light, nothing to worry about. Yes, just cut off the tops discard the bottoms and replant.

Old 03-28-2007, 06:41 PM   #3
kaz
Aquarium Advice Addict

so all the stems I have without leafs throw those away? that sucks lol
6 Rummy Nose, 9 Ottos, 2 Yoyo Loach, 1 Golden Nugget Pleco, 2 Julli's Cory, 4 Angelicus Botia, 1 Chocolate Kuhli Loach, 3 Ghost Shrimp, 1 SAE, 1 Black Mollie, 1 Redeye Swordtail Mollie, 1 C-Pleco, MTS, Guppy's
Plants
Argentine Sword, Amazon Sword, Micro Sword, Xmas Moss, Pennywort, Hornwort, Jave Fern, Baby Tears, Moneywort, Ludwigia, Wisteria, Giant Bacoba, Hygro 'Sunset'
kaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 07:09 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

You will get used to it. I threw out 3 lbs of plants today.
Watch our thread! A MyCatsDrool and Travis Simonson Joint Production....55 Tanganyikan Tank. It is hidden in the photography showcase. It is really my tank, but Trav is helping and we live next door from each other...so....

CCTV Has shut its doors. Off the air.
5.5 gal ADA rimless cube, fully planted, killifish breeder. coming soon to a forum near you.
It's called Sex Panther, by Odeon. Illegal in 9 countries. Yep, it's made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good.
MyCatsDrool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 08:17 PM   #5
AA Team Emeritus

Hornwort does not root, and the bottoms will die off as long as you bury it. Actually the bottoms will die off, over time, if you bury it or not. fortneately it grows fast enough that you will always have more than you need.

Tags
hornwort

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com