Question about light for planted 10g tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The citric acid-baking soda method with hardware seen in the video has a few advantages over the yeast-sugar based CO2 generator:
1. Ability to shut off the flow of CO2 without excessive pressure buildup. This will conserve the reactants and allow extend batch life.
2. Ability to regulate the flow rate. A valve controls the output. With yeast and sugar, it depends on the amount of yeast, sugar, temperature, pH, alcohol amount, etc.
3. No yeast "creep". In a yeast based system, there is always a chance that yeast will get past the yeast trap and bubble counter, into the tubing and tank.
I have only used the yeast method (before I went pressurized with a CO2 tank) but if I had to do DIY again I would try the method in the video.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I was thinking at first try a pressure system but after reading , I think that for a 10g I should go with a diy. Looking for the the kit I notice that there is already other supposedly advanced kits like this one DIY CO2 Generator D501 Kit Planted Aquarium Valve Pressure Gauge Diffuser | eBay

I was thinking at first try a pressure system but after reading , I think that for a 10g I should go with a diy. Looking for the the kit I notice that there is already other supposedly advanced kits like this one DIY CO2 Generator D501 Kit Planted Aquarium Valve Pressure Gauge Diffuser | eBay

I've seen that product posted here a few times, however, I cannot recall any feedback on its use. If you don't get any responses here, do Google search on product reviews for this product.

I was going to buy today just because most of those products come from china and it will take time to arrive but I will postpone to research more about the different and pros and cons.

I was going to mention the overseas shipping delay but you beat me to it. Personally I'd spend the time researching this and other products just as you mentioned. Good luck and let us know what you end up getting.

Back
Top Bottom