Question about tiny white detritus worms in substrate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sobersteve323

Aquarium Advice Freak
At first I thought I had a few tiny light colored fish poops floating around. Then there were quite a few and I looked closer and they look like those tiny white worms you see from over feeding. I'm actually noticing a lot of them now in the eco complete.

Searching the web most info says its from overfeeding. If anything I underfeed my fish. I recently switched out substrates and added eco complete. Could that have stirred up enough detritus to cause an explosion of them?

I previously had pool filter sand as the sub so were they always there and I just never saw them? Or since I recently moved my zebra danios out of the tank could their numbers be increasing since no fish are eating them (my angel and platy seem disinterested)?

Not really concerned about them being in there just more curious as to why I never saw so many before lol

I was able to take a terrible picture with my phone. There's two worms in the center of the photo. They're about 1/4" or smaller and no thicker than a strand of hair. If someone could toss out an ID that would be awesome thanks :)

Also I realized I put this in the planted tank forum. If a mod could move it to general that would be great. Thanks :)

Attachments

• image-1721225004.jpg
    image-1721225004.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 163
Back
Top Bottom