Question on Eco-complete and established tanks.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EdgarMedina1010

Aquarium Advice Freak
On the back of the bag it says to "discard liquid content if adding Eco-Complete to established tanks", should i do this or go ahead and put it all in?

EdgarMedina1010 said:
On the back of the bag it says to "discard liquid content if adding Eco-Complete to established tanks", should i do this or go ahead and put it all in?
when i added another bag to my tank i dumped the whole thing in. i did shut off the filter and powerheads for a couple of hours while things settled out...

ok cool, i will go ahead and put the whole thing in there, but do you know why they would want us to 'discard' the liquid packed inthere?..thanks by the way.

Go ahead and add the whole bag. It's just Amazon Blackwater, and won't hurt anything. Not sure on the why part, but it doesn't hurt anything.

Isn't Eco supposed to contain some live bacteria to jump start your cycle? that is what the lady at the LFS was telling me when i was setting up the tank and trying to decide between Eco and Fluorite... that might be utter rubbish, but if true then you would just be adding more live bacteria to you established tank, that is all... :)

don't actually vacuum the gravel or else you'll suck it up with the water (its very lightweight), just pass over the top to suck up little bits of debris when you do PWCs.

wierdkid said:
don't actually vacuum the gravel or else you'll suck it up with the water (its very lightweight), just pass over the top to suck up little bits of debris when you do PWCs.
Ok, thanks

wierdkid said:

I agree.....

Back
Top Bottom