Question on this design

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rich6459

Aquarium Advice Freak
What's up everyone. I want to create like a rocky background for my tank. I found this article about how to make it. The problem I feel that will come up is that the intake for the filter will be behind the wall. I have a stay bar over head. I'm just worried that I won't have good filtration. Any ideas?

I would also like to add java moss or some kind of plant that doesn't need a lot of light. Plants that can thrive of of a hood life and I tiny bit of sun light from a window.

http://www.mchportal.com/fishkeepin...ions-in-tanks-aquarium-rocks-backgrounds.html

That is a nice design, I don't think filtration would be a problem, the odd shape of each rock would keep the crate from being completely sealed off providing space for water flow.

Oops, my previous post should say most Java ferns will do well, with the exception of narrow leaf and needle leaf they need a bit more light than the others.

That looks sick! Thank you guys. Where do all of you go for your tank ideas? Are there sites out there with a lot of ideas like that? And how can you tell if a java fern is healthly. And for those who have java ferns what do you give/do to keep them happy and thriving?

Back
Top Bottom