Questions for 50g planted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bl414

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey everybody I'm extremely excited right now because I've finally found a job! You know what that means.. More tanks!
I've had this tank for a few months now but now that I have the money I'm going to go all out. I consider myself an intermediate on planted tanks, but this tank is confusing.

Questions:
I'm thinking about eco complete as the only substrate. Does anyone have any experience with it? My other tank is a dirt tank.

What kind of lights do I need? I want high lighting so I can grow dwarf baby tears if I wanted to.

Do I need a canister filter? It so could someone refer me to a nice one.

Do I need pressurized co2? I run a DIY set up on my 25, but not sure what I'll need for a 50.

And last but not least what's a good website to buy plants online as well as driftwood?

Thanks all!

1.Eco Complete should work fine.

2. You can use T5 HO or other options for lighting.

3. Canisters are nice for large tanks. I use an Eheim.

4. If you are gonna go High Light, you'll definitely need to use pressurized CO2 or you'll grow an Algae Farm.

5. I recommend the Swap and Shop on The Planted Tank forums. Almost any plant you'd need is available from other hobbyists on that site as well as wood. Or find a local club and see if you can buy locally.

Back
Top Bottom