Quick question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fdsh5

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have my 20 gallon planted shrimp tank illuminated now by three 15 watt t8 bulbs. If I switch over to a 2x24 t5ho light. Will it require co2. I use excel flourish and comprehensive now with no problems and want to stay away from more requirements. Thanks in advance.

Fdsh5 said:
I have my 20 gallon planted shrimp tank illuminated now by three 15 watt t8 bulbs. If I switch over to a 2x24 t5ho light. Will it require co2. I use excel flourish and comprehensive now with no problems and want to stay away from more requirements. Thanks in advance.

If u have no problem. Why change Ur fixture? But I believe if u are goin to go for high light plants! A co2 will be necessary! But low to medium is a no! :)

The plants are growing but not as fast as they should. Thats the only reason I was considering it.

Fdsh5 said:
The plants are growing but not as fast as they should. Thats the only reason I was considering it.

If they are growing and u have no algae. I'll stay with what u have. High light will lead to algae growth without co2 supplement.

Back
Top Bottom