Quick question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishguy17

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok we'll I've heard mixed things about fresh water tanks with plants. I've heard it's a waste of time and just costs money. But on the other side I've heard do it it helps and is good for your fish. I have been planning of planting my ten gallon so I was wanting to know if would be a good thing to do or not.

Thanks.

Ok we'll I've heard mixed things about fresh water tanks with plants. I've heard it's a waste of time and just costs money. But on the other side I've heard do it it helps and is good for your fish. I have been planning of planting my ten gallon so I was wanting to know if would be a good thing to do or not.

Thanks.

In no way shape or form is it a waste of time. Whoever told you that, go to them and let them know there wrong. Money? Of course! Like anything else in the hobby it's gonna cost money, how much? That depends on how crazy you go.

It's time consuming and work, so is a mon planted tank, it's healthy for the tank and fish yea...

I'm not a planted expert so hopefully others will chime in BUT... It's very rewarding planted or not.

I can't imagine not having my tanks planted. It can be as little or much work as you want it to be depending if you go with low light and low light tolerant plants or go all out with high light, CO2, and a tank full of plants. They are good for the fish, good for helping absorb and use nutrients out of the water, and make a tank look natural and beautiful. Check out my tank in the link at the bottom of this post. This is my most heavily planted tank and I actually quite enjoy working in it and enjoy looking at it and seeing how natural my fish are in it.

Thanks guys that's what I thought. And I have the time I've ordered some plants and think that they will help the fish. And the guy I heard that from said he tried to plant and they took over his tank or died one. And his fish are not in good care I'd take them if I had the space and money. But I'll try to enlighten him to the world of planted tanks. And fish care.

Thanks again.

Thanks guys that's what I thought. And I have the time I've ordered some plants and think that they will help the fish. And the guy I heard that from said he tried to plant and they took over his tank or died one. And his fish are not in good care I'd take them if I had the space and money. But I'll try to enlighten him to the world of planted tanks. And fish care. Thanks again.
Glad to hear you're giving it a shot! I started with a couple easy plants and took off from there and never looked back, I couldn't imagine my tanks without plants now. It makes it look so much more natural and peaceful, plus watching the plants grow is just as rewarding as seeing your fish grow, for me it is anyway. Here's a picture of my tank pre plants and post plants

Attachments

• image-2902064395.jpg
    image-2902064395.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 38
  • image-1473681328.jpg
    image-1473681328.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 40
I am a first time planted tank owner. I won't ever have a tank without them again. I went low light, and they are doing great. It makes the tank so much more interesting and stable. My fish are thriving, the plants are thriving, in fact I just had to prune and replant.

It us definitely worth the extra effort. I get very excited about them. They have become as integral to my enjoyment if the tank as the fish.

I say go for it!!!

Back
Top Bottom