Quick question about bamboo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pleco1415

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a 3.5 gallon planted tank with bamboo and wile cleaning it I noticed a weird thing on the roots of the bamboo. The weird thing looks like a clump of transparent jell with the roots in it. Part of the jell fell of so I will show a photo of it but I would like to know what this jell like substance is. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395281591.597451.jpg I put the weird thing on top of a black box so it was more noticeable.

If anyone is wondering I have 4 ADF in the tank and an Oto catfish and My filter is an Aquaclear 20 H.O.B.

Alien exofilm! Do you have a gamma reactor handy to de-ionize the particles? Kidding.. No clue.. All I know us that bamboo needs leaves to be out of water..

Did you buy any tissue cultured plants that comes in small bags from petsmart or something? They come with gel. It looks like it.

Did you buy any tissue cultured plants that comes in small bags from petsmart or something? They come with gel. It looks like it.

I actually did buy it from Petsmart. I usually buy plants at my other aquarium store but the other place did not have bamboo so that was the first time I ever bought plants from Petsmart. Is the jell like food for the bamboo?

Do you have a picture? Bamboo is non-aquatic and it may be rotting.

The gel they are packed with is to retain moisture. Nothing that I'd put into a tank.

I actually did buy it from Petsmart. I usually buy plants at my other aquarium store but the other place did not have bamboo so that was the first time I ever bought plants from Petsmart. Is the jell like food for the bamboo?

The gel is aquarium safe. It wouldn't hurt your fish. So no need to worry about it. If you see anymore in the tank, just remove it.

Back
Top Bottom