Quick Question about LED lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jehenry89

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have no idea when it comes to the world of LED's and the answer is probably no, but I am going to ask anyway. Would this light be able to grow plants? It would just be something temporary until I come up with the cash to buy a finnex. I already have this light and its only being used on my plant-less grow out tank.
Aquarium LED Lights: Marineland LED Aquarium Light

I know you guys that are farmiluar with LED lights always talk about "par" but I can't seem to find anything with that word on the site or manual.

My guess is that it would be very low light. Might be able to sustain low light plants in a shallow tank. Moss might grow at no more than 10" from that light. Just a guess though... never had it. Try posting this question in the lighting section on TPT. Someone there might be able to tell you if you don't get your answer here.

Meh its not that important. I am eventually going to have to buy a good light anyway. I was just thinking if it would, I could get some plants in there sooner for the betta. First things first, I have to buy a stand for the 10 gallon tank I have. The light/plants will have to wait a few weeks until I get the cash.

Thanks again Brian.

Over a 10g, might be enough for low light plants like anubias, java fern, crypts, and moss. Won't grow them all that much, but it might at least keep them alive... which means a low light / low maintenance tank.

Back
Top Bottom