Quick question about lights on a timer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sobersteve323

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just a quick question about lighting periods.

My lights come on for 6 hours a day after I get home from work, 5:30pm-11:30pm. Would there be any problems turning the lights on in the mornings for an hour so I can see the tank while I'm getting ready to leave?

It wont screw up the plant growth or algae problems right? Just curious because I finally beat brush/beard algae and I don't want it to come back lol.

Thanks!

That'll be fine, I'm certain there's plenty of members (myself included at one time) that have it come on for an hour or so in the morning before going to work, then the majority of the time in the evening.

Have you thought about getting a moonlight blue or true purple actinic- that could cut the possibility of excess algae, there is always using a desk lamp with a green or red bulb, green especially if you're worried about a planted tank- green lights are what I use when working 'off' hours on my aquaponic set up. It's truly the only lighting that doesn't mess up my plants.... Just a thought from the ecological experience I've gotten with 'going green' and combining my farming and aquarium hobbies.

Thanks everyone. I didn't mind the lights off in the morning when I was going to battle with bba but now its all clean and I want to see it as much as possible lol

Back
Top Bottom