quitters's tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

quitters

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey all i have just half-planted my tank no fish yet still cycling just thought id show u all and ask if theres anything i should improve

im getting some more large plants for the back, the rest ill let bush out a lot.

Oh i was wondering if you guys could tell me where to put these substrate fertiliser tablets (they arent just trace elements there all the real stuff too) and they last for a year apparently, which plants need them i know the sword in the middle and the hairgrass at the front to, any others? thank you so much!

Attachments

• quittersfish_copy_140.jpg
    quittersfish_copy_140.jpg
    213.4 KB · Views: 38
I moved your thread to the planted tank forum since it contains specific questions regarding plants.

Nice looking tank. I like the look of the terraced substrate. In regard to the root tabs, all heavy root feeders (swords, crypts, etc) will benefit immediately from them and all other plants will just be glad you did it, though not necessary.

I just place mine adjacent to the base of the roots of each one. The heavier the roots (ie: swords), I will use two or more.

awesome thanks jchillin sorry about that

Ive just added some more plants, looks better i reckon.

any ideas?

Oh does anybody know what the large plant at the back right is? it looks like an anubias and has roots like one but in the store the name began with S, the guy said it would grow to the surface and flower, if that helps u guys identify it, thank you very much!

Attachments

• quittersfish2_163.jpg
    quittersfish2_163.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 27
Back
Top Bottom