rate my planted tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lossam8199

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
please rate my planted on 1-10.

fluval spec v
sand substrate with root tabs
lighting: finnex fugeray 10"
excel dosing daily

I like it! But I agree with Ayi, in that some nice background plants on the left are needed. Id suggest some Giant Hygrophilia, maybe 3-4 stems planted along the back row(they get big. Fast.) Its a bright green leaf on top, and whiteish underneath. It would accent your current plants but not steal the show! I'm gonna rate your tank a tentative 7(partially cause I'm bitter your white sand is so clean!!!), with a score of ten well within reach once its filled out a bit. Well done!

I like it! But I agree with Ayi, in that some nice background plants on the left are needed. Id suggest some Giant Hygrophilia, maybe 3-4 stems planted along the back row(they get big. Fast.) Its a bright green leaf on top, and whiteish underneath. It would accent your current plants but not steal the show! I'm gonna rate your tank a tentative 7(partially cause I'm bitter your white sand is so clean!!!), with a score of ten well within reach with once its filled out a bit. Well done!

yeah, I like the white sand too. it used to covered with brown algae for three months looking disgusting, but it finally went away on it's own.

I'm bad with numbers but I like the mix of colors; the greens and reds contrast nicely. I am not usually a big fan of white sand but it works very well in this layout. How long has it been setup? IMO the crypts and sword(?) in the center look like they are planted too deep. I could be wrong. Overall, I think it looks nice the way it is.

looks good. Add more plants. Contrast the red with lots of green.

Btw please post your tanks specs too.

I'm gonna hold my opinion because I'm wagering this a new set-up. If you had brown algae and it went away on its on that sounds like diatoms, which normally appear in new setups. Also the plants don't look established yet.

I like this tank :)
Like many other people have said, I would add some background plants. I would also add some nano fish or shrimp. It will bring the tank to life.

Back
Top Bottom