Ratio of PMDD to water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Digitalgerl

Aquarium Advice Regular
I received my dry mix of PMDD. I've been reading and it appears I want to have some mixed with water and stored in the fridge so I can dose the tank.
If I wanted to mix up 1/2 quart (2 cups) how much of the dry mix would I add to this amount of water? I cannot find the ratio anywhere so I can divide it down to this smaller amount.

I have a 37 gallon tank moderately planted with 3.5 wpg and am running pressurized CO2. would I add aprox 1/2 teaspoon per day of this premixed solution? I do know that I will need to check water chemistry or risk an algae outbreak - but as a general rule of thumb?

Thanks for any help in clearing this up for me

Thanks yes, I did read that section but I don't see where it says how much water to add to the dry fert mix. Maybe I am missing it. the article mentions adding a certain amount of drops to the tank but I need to know what ratio water to dry mix to make the solution. Do you use PMDD? Does anyone have their own recipe for mixing the dry PMDD to water to keep in the fridge ready for dosing the tank? Does it matter?

I have PMDD...I work in a lab so i have access to metric scales, but this might help. I mix 25 grams into 500 mL water (1/2 liter). 20 mls of this solution will give 0.1 ppm iron per dose to a 55 gallon tank.

Hopefully this helps you with the conversions. There are a lot of good conversion programs online that should help you get the units into whatever works best for you.

Thank-you. That's what I needed and didn't understand. 25 grams of the pmdd dry mix to 500 mls of water. I can convert to cups and teaspoons but I wasn't sure what the ratio was to start with..so thanks again.........Dose as needed and check macro levels in tank.
I appreciate everyone's help!

remember that PMDD has no phosphate....you'll probably need to dose phosphate eventually. When you start seeing green spots on the glass, that's when you need to dose.

Have you tried the Fleets Brand for dosing phosphates? I will keep an eye on things. My plants are already starting to show the benefits of ferts.

Several people use Fleets to dose phosphate. There is also dry ferts that can be purchased, particularly monopotassium phosphate which can be found online.

Back
Top Bottom